Monday, April 13, 2009

Words of Encouragement mini-album

I've been collecting encouraging Bible verses, quotes, etc. for a while now, although I wasn't quite sure what I was going to do with them. I've hit a few rough patches recently, and these words helped me get through them. I decided to put them all together in a mini-album that I can pull out and flip through whenever I need a little pick-me-up. The album I'm using is from Creative Memories, and it's mostly navy blue, with a pink strap and magnetic closure; the inside sleeves are pale grey. I sat down one evening, and in the space of just a couple of hours, made the title page and verse card shown below, along with 22 other blank cards for the other verses I'm going to be using. The backgrounds for the verse cards will aternate pink and navy; for example, the next two will be pink, then two navy, etc. I realized, too late of course, that I had mounted the white cardstock upside down. The textured side was supposed to be down, not up, so that I'd have a smooth writing surface. Oops! Oh well. While challenging to write on the textures surface, it is still able to be written on.





TTFN!

1 comment:

  1. What a fantastic idea! I may have to scraplift this one! There's nothing like a book of encouragement when you are feeling down.

    ReplyDelete